To encourage nonprofit organizations (NPOs) to establish and build endowment funds that support their long-term sustainability, YouthBridge Community Foundation created the Endowment Building Matching Funds Program. This program is intended to benefit NPOs primarily serving children & youth; however, from time to time, matching funds may be available for other NPOs. NPOs that participate in the program will have two accounts at YouthBridge: their endowment account which may permit distributions, contingent upon the terms of the Agency Fund Agreement and a separate designated account for the benefit of NPO, which restricts distributions in accordance with a predefined spending policy. The matching funds, if any, are deposited into the separate, restricted account.
- The matching funds program is run on a calendar year basis. New money deposited during the calendar year into the NPO’s endowment fund held at YouthBridge may be eligible for the matching funds, contingent upon review and approval of the YouthBridge Grant Committee.
- New NPO clients may be eligible to receive 50% matching funds on the first $25,000 in deposits.
- Existing NPO clients may be eligible to receive 25% matching funds on the first $25,000 in new deposits. The matching funds are allocated on a “first come, first serve” basis. The date and time when deposits and all required documents are received by YouthBridge determines the order in which funds are allocated. Matching funds will normally be allocated on a quarterly basis.
- The matching funds program is intended to benefit NPOs in the greater St. Louis metropolitan area; however, other NPOs may participate if approved by the YouthBridge Grant Committee.
- Annually, YouthBridge will announce the amount of matching funds available and any changes to the terms of the program (i.e., limits/cap on the match). This announcement will be made as soon as administratively feasible at the beginning of each calendar year.
- The matching funds are restricted. Annually, after the end of the calendar year, YouthBridge will determine the distribution amount (if any) from the designated, restricted fund. The actual amount of distribution will be contingent upon investment results of the fund; however, the goal is to distribute 5% of the fund’s rolling 3-year quarterly average market value. Distributions will be made in accordance with the Agency Fund Agreement.
- The matching funds are invested at the discretion of YouthBridge Community Foundation.
- YouthBridge shall collect administrative fees in accordance with its most current fee schedule.
- YouthBridge shall have the power to modify any restriction or condition on the designated, restricted account if, in the sole judgment of YouthBridge, such restriction or condition becomes unnecessary, obsolete, incapable of fulfillment or impractical.
- The terms and conditions of the program are subject to the review and interpretation of the YouthBridge Grant Committee. The program is completely discretionary and can be changed or discontinued at any time.