YouthBridge Community Foundation is pleased to announce a new grant program that will award up to $15,000 in general operating support to child and family serving nonprofit organizations that primarily provide foster / adoptive care services or family support services designed to prevent child abuse and neglect.
“With over 138 years of service to the community, YouthBridge continues to demonstrate a commitment to children and youth by expanding its grant making program,” said Michael Howard, Chief Executive Officer of YouthBridge Community Foundation. “Our new general operating support grants provide critical funding to nonprofits while complementing our work in capacity building, social enterprise, planned giving and endowment building.”
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
One-year grants up to $15,000 will be awarded to child and family serving organizations that primarily provide foster / adoptive care services or family support services designed to prevent child abuse and neglect
Organizations eligible to apply for the general operating support grants include those that:
- Are incorporated as a 501(c)3 non-profit
- Have a mission that is primarily focused on child welfare – specifically foster and adoptive care services or family support services designed to prevent child abuse and neglect
- Are located in and primarily serve the St. Louis area
- Have been in operation at least two years, including branches / franchises of national organizations
- Have a 2015 operating budget of at least $500,000; and
- Have staff leadership that has been in place for a minimum of one year as of October 1, 2015 and/or can demonstrate consistency in organizational leadership
YouthBridge will select grant recipients based on the following criteria:
- A proven track-record of evidence-based practice or “practice-based evidence”
- Programs that align with community-wide collaborations and/or initiatives
- A strong board and staff leadership; and
- Financial stability
Organizations that fit the eligibility guidelines and criteria may apply for a grant by submitting the online application. Grant applications are accepted beginning on July 1, 2015, and ending at midnight on Monday, August 10, 2015. Only applications submitted via the online application portal will be accepted.
Click here for additional grant guidelines.