YouthBridge Community Foundation will award two $75,000 grants paid equally over a three-year period to child and family serving nonprofit organizations that primarily provide foster and adoptive care services or family support services designed to prevent child abuse and neglect. While the grants provide unrestricted support, it is expected that the grantees invest a substantial part of their awards in the capacity of their organizations.
Organizations eligible to apply for Heritage Grants include those that:
- Are incorporated as an IRC 501(c)(3) public charity.
- Have a mission that is primarily focused on foster and adoptive care services or family support services designed to prevent child abuse and neglect. Applicants must have at least 50% of their program expenses dedicated to these efforts.
- Are located in and primarily serve the St. Louis metropolitan area.
- Have been in operation at least two years, including branches or franchises of national organizations.
- Have staff leadership that has been in place for a minimum of one year as of July 1, 2017 or can demonstrate consistency in organizational leadership.
- Have staff and Board leadership that are eager to periodically invest and participate in the TCC Group’s Core Capacity Investment Tool (CCAT). YouthBridge expects that the grantees will follow recommendations of the CCAT assessments as interpreted by a CCAT trained third-party facilitator and invest a significant part of the grant funds to address capacity issues.
- Are not a former Deaconess Impact Partner.
YouthBridge will give preferred consideration to those eligible organizations with an annual budget of less than $10 million; nevertheless all eligible organizations are invited to apply.
- July 10, 2017 – Grant process opens
- August 13, 2017 – Applications are due
- September 15, 2017 – Grant Committee decides and awards are announced