Think Big for Kids grants are designed to stimulate innovative thinking and fund big ideas from nonprofit organizations that serve children and youth in our community.
- The applicant is an IRC section 501(c)(3) public organization or has an IRC section 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor.
- The application seeks funding for a project or organization serving children or youth within the 16-county metropolitan Saint Louis region.
- The project is bold, innovative, or ambitious.
- The project is transformative for either the applicant organization(s) or the community of children and youth.
- The project is sustainable.
- The project has long-term impact and short-term outputs.
- The project is scalable for the community of children or delivers economies of scale to the applicant organization(s).
- The expected range for awards is $25,000 plus.
- We intend to fund proposals for one year; nevertheless, we will consider multi-year proposals.
- The project may be unproven or seen as risky.
- The grant is generally not intended to fund start-up organizations.
- The grant is not intended to fund capacity building projects or new programs that are considered to be within the normal course of business of an organization.
- Ideas for social enterprise proposals should generally be submitted through the SEIC competition at Washington University’s Skandalaris Center
- August 31, 2016 – Deadline to submit letter of interest
- October 24, 2016 – Invitations for application are announced
- December 30, 2016 – Deadline to submit applications
- Week of March 6, 2017 – Grant awards are announced
Apply for Grant