The Progress 64 Entrepreneurial Scholarship
The Progress 64 Entrepreneurial Scholarship was established by Progress 64 West, a partnership of citizens, businesses, and civic leaders. The Scholarship aims to support, encourage, and foster young entrepreneurs who go to school and live in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, or St. Charles County. One-year scholarships of $5,000 will be awarded to winning applicants for use at vocational schools or at two-and four-year colleges and universities in the upcoming academic year.
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship, a student must be a current high school senior who:
- attends a public high school in a school district in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, or St. Charles County; or
- attends a private school located in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, or St. Charles County; or
- is home-schooled and a resident of St. Louis City, St. Louis County, or St. Charles County;
The applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student at a two- or four-year college or vocational school upon or immediately following high school graduation.
An applicant must submit the following items:
- a completed application form; and
- an Executive Summary of a Business Plan which must include:
- a description of the business concept, including nature of the business, mission, objectives, philosophy, values, and contribution to the community;
- market analysis, including market need, competition, and strategy to meet the need and successfully and profitably compete;
- business operations, including necessary management, employees, vendors, professional assistance, facility, and technology;
- sales and marketing strategies, tactics, and techniques;
- sources and uses of funds necessary to start and operate the business.