YouthBridge Announces New Nonprofit Grant Program
In May, YouthBridge will open applications for a new grant program intended to support nonprofits’ efforts around fundraising capacity. As the second deployment of YouthBridge’s Nonprofit Recovery and Resiliency (R&R) Fund, the grant will award 10 child-serving charitable organizations with weeklong training in building an effective fund development program. More than $100,000 was distributed from the R&R Fund in 2020 for COVID recovery assistance.
“We know that many nonprofits have been in survival mode this past year, putting professional development and capacity building on the back burner,” says Sissy Swift, YouthBridge Director of Grants and Community Initiatives. “The R&R Fund has been about ensuring the sustainability of vital community services, and with this grant, we hope to help them get back on track with planning for the future.”
Swift says the intensive, interactive five-day training course will be conducted by Let’s Build Hope – a local consultancy of nonprofit and fundraising professionals with a proven record in nonprofit transformation. Designed for the Board Chair, CEO and Development leader, participants can expect to take away tangible tools and techniques for developing robust fundraising strategies and metrics with “perhaps a fresh perspective and approach,” she says.
- Mid-size agency with a minimum of 1 full time development staff
- Agency must be fiscally sound
- Agency must provide a signed commitment of time from the Executive Director, Development Director and Board Chair
- Organizations who have participated previously in this training are not eligible
- Current YouthBridge Heritage grantees are not eligible
- Agency must be a child and youth serving 501C3 nonprofit located in St. Louis or surrounding areas
- Desired annual budget of 1 million to 3 million
Application period will be open May 20, 2021 through July 20, 2021.
Awardees will be notified by August 20, 2021.